Well, as I sit in Chiangi Airport in Singapore (once again), trying to pass the 11 hour layover until we leave, I can't help but feel so incredibly fortunate. Keith and I have enjoyed 8 countries over the past 2 months! We've shared amazing, new, exciting experiences - riding elephants, trekking through rice fields, scuba diving off of beautiful far away islands. We've learned so much of other cultures, heard their languages, and felt the warmth and welcome from so many. We've also been unpleasantly surprised at times - ripped off by crooks and totally grossed out by what some people in these parts eat (hint, hint...eye balls in soup). I, myself, acomplished things I never knew possible, like staying in the jungle with no running water and scuba diving with all sorts of fish around me without freaking out. I also can say I managed to sleep in some hostels that were TOTALLY nasty and showered in places I never knew I could allow myself in, even with flip flops on. We met some really nice people along the way from all over the globe - The Netherlands, Canada, England, Switzerland, Liechtenstein (sp?), Dubai, and Ireland. We hope to keep in touch with them and hear of their travels in the future.
Finally, I must thank my husband for giving me this amazing opportunity to SEE THE WORLD, and to give me courage to do knew things; courage that I never knew was there.
Love to all, and see ya in Houston! Thanks for ready and keeping up with us! - Kate
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment